Sunday, January 24, 2010

NGOs in Vietnam

 
January 23, 2010

I apologize for not posting in a while.   I was travelling in Vietnam and Bali, and have to say I came away with a good impression of nonprofit/nongovernmental organizations in Vietnam.  There, they seem to be out in the public eye, more open about their nonprofit enterprises.  I ate at a number of restaurants established by organizations that help streetchildren and train them for jobs in the hospitality business, namely KOTO in Hanoi which has fabulous food, and another called STREETS in town of Hoi An in central Vietnam.  I was also happy to see that Lonely Planet Vietnam has a section on these nonprofit enterprises and contains recommendations on which ones to patronize.  As far as I know, Lonely Planet China has little mention of nonprofits, but hopefully, that’ll change.

No comments:

Post a Comment